Online marketing software has become a new force in Social Media Marketing in many business owners eyes. The ability to reach a targeted group for free online in a single mouse click is extremely powerful for the internet marketer that has the right online marketing software to produce those massive numbers of targeted followers. The fastest growing social network is currently Twitter. It is becoming a Internet Marketers dream very quickly for those that act now.
Twitter is that quirky website where it asks what are you doing now?, and then gives you 140 characters to reply. It takes only a few seconds to register, and another few seconds to post your latest activities to all of your friends or in tweeter language your “followers” who then receive your message on there computer or on their cell phone.
Lately, internet marketing professionals have been discovering how powerful online marketing software is when used with Twitter. People like Mike Filsaime and Seth Godin are twittering now, and building a following of people who get every update they post.
Now, no one wants to hear what you have had for your mid day snack, or any of the other hundreds of boring activities we all do each day. However there are a growing number of people who have learned how to post very interesting updates “tweets” on twitter, and have in turn developed a following of hundreds of people who actively track what they say. Barack Obama is one such person who uses twitter to announce his public appearances and engagements. Doing this has grown his followers, and increased the number of people who are interested in him, and now support him. In short, twitter is a powerful local internet marketing medium when you use it right and even more powerful if you know what programs and systems to use to automate your local internet marketing tweets.
Here are 4 secrets to get your local internet marketing started:
1. Refrain from posting a message on what you are doing right this minute! Don’t post everything you do, but rather just the things that are of value to others, or things you want others to see that are interesting to them. It could be something in the news, or an online event, or a discount offer you are making – just anything that could benefit someone else and not turn them off. It sounds simple, but it becomes a little challenging to do when you are in marketing mood. So be sure to ask yourself the question does this offer value to my followers and friends? and only post if the answer is yes.
2. Find popular people with lots of followers and follow them. To do this, you simply search twitter for something that interests you or even better runs in line with you internet marketing promotion. Soon you will find some people that have interesting things to say, and when you click on their user name, twitter will show you a button called follow that lets you follow that person. By following a person, everything they post will go into your personal time line, that’s the thing you see when you login to twitter. If you decide you do not wish to follow someone any longer, simply click on their name and then on the unfollow button.
3. Go to twitterfriendadder30 (a free website) and login with your twitter account info. twitterfriendadder30 shows you everything in conversation mode and lets you reply to people simply by logging in with your twitter details. You can even have multiple twitter account’s messages all funneled in to this one system. In short, you can enter the conversations of others at that site from all your twitter accounts and be able to directly market to very large numbers.
4. Use a twitter system to automate and watch your follower grow to the tens of thousands. Normally when I send a message on Twitter I get a 2% conversion, meaning if I send a message to 10,000 followers 2% will click on my link and visit my website. That is 200 people on my website by sending a single message and that my friend is powerful internet marketing promotion.
More local businesses are learning how to use local internet marketing strategies with Twitter to develop their local database, contacts and business. Now you can, too.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Will social networking websites drive business card evolution … (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- Making Money From Social (2) (neilperkin.typepad.com)
- 69 Ways To Build Backlinks (kinda huge) (mt-soft.com.ar)
- 15 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started as an Internet Marketer (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Comparing Social Networking Sites: What Differentiates Between … (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- Two Ways to Use Your Blog in Tough Times (buildabetterblog.com)
Abraham van der Linde
Abraham van der Linde
Latest posts by Abraham van der Linde(see all)
- Using SEO in Online Marketing - 12 December, 2012
- If you were an SEO of a large company, what would you include in your 2011 strategy? - 17 August, 2012
- Google Backlinks Checker Tool – Backlink Monitor - 13 August, 2012